2009 - USDA Partnership Team Award for Efficient Use of Resources
For the collaboration of land-grant university professionals that provide exemplary resources through Cooperative Extension to reduce the impact of disasters through education.
The award indicated that in a most efficient and effective manner, EDEN:
- Continues to provide opportunities, such as regional conferences, that encourage multi-agency coordination and an understanding of Extension’s role in a disaster.
- Continues to provide curriculum/training events.
- Promotes discussion among EDEN members via various media (i.e. Webinars and teleconferences).
- Provides guidance in the development of competencies for Extension professionals in disaster education.
- Is proactive in enhancing relationships between and among various agencies.
- Partners with other agencies to facilitate multi-agency jurisdictional training opportunities.
The EDEN leadership team provides strategic direction, support, partnership expansion, and programmatic and financial management to the network. Over the years, this team has expanded to fully represent the needs of the network as Extension develops a better understanding of roles and capabilities to meet local needs. Many individuals have done a tremendous job guiding the network to this point. The current EDEN leadership team that is recognized in this year’s award:
- Chair – Dave Filson, Penn State
- Chair Elect – Virginia Morgan, Auburn Univ.
- Secretary – Rick Atterberry, Univ. of Illinois
- Past Chair – Becky Koch, NDSU
- Professional Development – Andy Vestal, TAMU
- Marketing – Linda Williams, Univ. of Montana
- Info Clearinghouse – Andrea Husband, Univ. of KY
- Financial Development – Ed Jones, NCSU
- 1890 Liaison – Dawn Mellion-Patin, Southern Univ.
- Sea Grant Liaison – Bob Bacon, Clemson
- Youth Development – Howard Van Dijk, Clemson
- Agrosecurity – Billy Dictson, NMSU
- Family and Consumer Sciences – Carolyn Washburn, Utah State Univ.
- Community Development – Ed Jones, NCSU
- Homeland Security Project Director – Steve Cain, Purdue
- Communication Specialist – Abigail Borron, Purdue
- Webmaster – Summer Prisock, LSU
- Web Manager – Pat Skinner, LSU
- eXtension Coordinator – Virginia Morgan, Auburn
2003 - USDA Group Honor Award for Excellence
For providing a university-based database and network for Extension Service professionals as they prepare for and respond to disasters in their communities. USDA 2003 Honor Awards