EDEN 2009 Annual Meeting
October 6 - October 9, 2009
Call for Presentations & Posters
EDEN delegates and Extension professionals are encouraged to submit a proposal for a presentation or poster that would add to the professional development and educational programming at the meeting.
Submissions are encouraged in areas such as:
- Network/Capacity Building
- Training, both External and Internal
- Resources / Materials
- EDEN Programming
Proposals must be submitted in Journal of Extension abstract format: The abstract should describe in 100 words or less:
- the presentation topic (in one sentence, if possible);
- the associated Extension program area(s), if applicable;
- the purpose, thesis, or organizing concept and the scope of the presentation;
- the sources of data used, if appropriate; and
- conclusions, recommendations, and implications.
Please identify if your proposal is for a presentation or a poster. In addition, include the title, presenter name(s) and contact information.
Proposals are due via email by March 31, 2008, to:
Abigail Borron, EDEN Communications Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Authors will be notified no later than April 30.
Details on Presentations
Selected presentations will be limited to 30 minutes in length. Individuals who are selected to present will be encouraged to submit their complete presentation materials to EDEN. These materials may be organized and posted for the EDEN delegation to use as reference material. The individuals who submit the proposal are expected to be the presenter at the meeting.
No travel expenses or stipend will be provided when selected for presentation.
Details on Posters
If your educational material is better shared as a poster presentation, we invite you to submit a proposal for consideration to be included at the annual meeting. In addition, if you would like to provide an update to a project or program that you previously presented on at an EDEN Annual Meeting, you are encouraged to submit a proposal for a poster.
Poster presentations should focus on a disaster education program or educational event that you provided. The emphasis should include the EDEN connection. We will provide a time on the annual meeting agenda for informal sharing of poster displays. Poster presenters should plan to be present with their poster during the scheduled poster session.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the proposals.
- Overall quality.
- Ability to attract an audience across program disciplines.
- Scope of coverage -- Does program or content have application or implications across a relatively large geographic location?
- For program-related presentations--Is program evaluation information presented?
- For program-related presentations--Can the "methods" employed be adapted to other content/subject matter?
- Application--Will the content help EDEN and other Extension professionals do their work more effectively?
- Originality (presentation proposals only)--Has the individual presented on this topic at a previous EDEN meeting? If so, has the material changed enough to be new and/or beneficial to the audience?
Last Updated:10/4/2009 2:08 PM