OnGuard: Protecting America's Food System
Resources to Educate the Public about Food Protection and Defense
Designed to be taught at the local level by Extension educators and specialists, this course was created for the general public to help them better understand their role in food protection.
This course will enable Extension professionals to teach consumers about:
- how specific food products are created and how they move through the food system;
- how our government protects against threats to the U.S. food system:
- food-related actions your family can take to prepare for any type of disaster or emergency;
- what consumers and agricultural producers can do to protect against intentional threats to our food system; and
- lessons learned from actual cases of intentional attacks on our food systems.
Coures Promo Materials
||Consumers, agricultural producers, and workers.|
||Interactive, Classroom delivery|
||EDEN does not charge for use of these materials.Cost will depend on the local cost of meeting space (if offered in a classroom setting) and printing handouts.|
||Flexible 1-4 hours. Suggested activities and fieldtrips can allow for an 8-hour course.|
||Certificate of Completion|
Access the Course Materials
Extension advisors, agents, educators, specialists, and others with an interest and/or responsibility in food protection and defense can teach this course to the general public. If you have the ability to do so, EDEN encourages you to let these individuals know about this classroom style course.
If you have questions, please contact Steve Cain or Abigail Borron (IN).