2012 Severe Weather Awareness Week
Virginia Morgan White
National Severe Weather Preparedness Week is April 22 to April 28.
FEMA and NOAA are partnering this week to urge citizens to "Be a Force of Nature" by being prepared for the various weather hazards faced by the United States. Daily themes are:
- Sunday, April 22 -- Introduction to National Severe Weather Week - Be a force of nature, pledge to prepare
- Monday, April 23 -- Know your risk, be informed
- Tuesday, April 24 -- Take action, make a plan
- Wednesday, April 25 -- Take action, build a kit
- Thursday, April 26 -- Hear the warning with NOAA weather radio
- Friday, April 27 -- Be a force of nature, spread the word
- Saturday, April 28 -- Be a force of nature, continue to spread the word
An outreach toolkit is available from FEMA Other resources are also available on NOAA's website, Weather-Ready Nation.
Help your communities be prepared!