Drought -- Disaster Distress Helpline
Disaster DIstress Hotline
Disaster Distress Resources
Stress, anxiety, and depression are common reactions after a disaster.
Call 1-800-985-5990. It's Free. It's Confidential.
Are you experiencing signs of distress as a result of a disaster?
Signs of distress may include any of the following physical and emotional reactions:
- Sleepling too much or too little
- Stomachaches or headaches
- Anger, feeling edgy or lashing out at others
- Overwhelming sadness
- Worrying a lot of the time; feeling guilty but not sure why
- Feeling like you have to keep busy
- Lack of energy or always feeling tired
- Drinking alcohol, smoking or using tobacco more than usual; using illegal drugs
- Eating too much or too little
- Not connecting with others
- Feeling like you won't ever be happy again
- Rejecting of help.
You may be suffering more than you need to. We can help!
The Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, year-round
crisis counseling and support.
The Helpline is staffed by trained counselors from a network of crisis call centers located across the United States, all of whom provide:
- Crisis counseling for those who are in emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster
- Information on how to recognize distress and its effects on individuals and families
- Tips for healthy coping
- Disaster-specific resources and referral information
Information taken direclty from Disaster Distress Hotline web page