Ready Business Train-the-Trainer Webinars
March 2, 4 and 11 webinars will share EDEN's Ready Business resources with Extension educators and others to help them lead the program in their communities.
Ready Business Train-the-Trainer Webinars Offered in March
Ready Business training will be offered via webinar to help leaders learn how to teach the program in their communities. The training will be offered:
- 3 p.m. CST, Wednesday, March 2
- 1 p.m. CST, Friday, March 4
- 1 p.m. CST, Friday, March 11
Extension educators, business leaders, government agency and nongovernmental organization representatives, and others are invited to take part to learn how to use the Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) resources to teach local businesses how to develop business continuity and disaster preparedness plans.
“Developing a business continuity and disaster preparedness plan doesn’t require a consultant and thousands of dollars,” says Becky Koch. As North Dakota State University Agriculture Communication director, she cooperated with FEMA Ready Campaign staff, Cooperative Extension System community development educators, and North Dakota State University emergency management faculty and staff to develop the training program based on Ready Business information. “Even though some people may not consider themselves experts on this topic, with the resources provided, they can confidently walk business managers and owners through at least the basics of a plan – and something is better than nothing in the event of a disaster. Whether it’s a computer crash or a flood, a supply loss or a blizzard, a power outage or a terrorist attack, a little bit of planning can help businesses get back up and running again sooner.”
Webinar presenters, in addition to Koch, include:
- Kathy Tweeten, Community Economic Development Specialist, North Dakota State University
- Glenn Muske, Rural and Agribusiness Enterprise Development Specialist, North Dakota State University
- Carol Cwiak, Assistant Professor of Emergency Management, North Dakota State University
- Eric Evans, Emergency Management Specialist, University of Missouri
- Rick Atterberry, Media Communications Specialist, University of Illinois
The EDEN Ready Business resources are at http://eden.lsu.edu/EDENCourses/ReadyBusiness/. The materials include a marketing video, instructor guide, PowerPoint slides, disaster plan template, links to additional resources and online evaluations.
The three webinars will cover the same information. No preregistration is required for the free webinars, which are made possible with a grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture to North Dakota State University.
To join a webinar:
- Go to http://ndivnlc.wimba.com/ and run the setup wizard so the webinar works on your computer.
- Click on "Participant Login." Enter “NDSU_Ag” for Room ID. For Name, please enter your first and last names and a two-letter abbreviation of what state you’re from.
- Once you’re in the “lobby,” select "EDEN: Ready Business Training" and you will enter the “training room.”
- Be sure to have a speaker system for your computer, though you don’t need a microphone. Questions and comments may be typed into the chat box in the lower left corner of the screen.
For more information, contact Koch at (701) 231-7875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.