EDEN’s Reviews and Recognition
The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) underwent a Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service (CSREES; now National Institute of Food and Agriculture, NIFA) program review in Washington, D.C., Feb. 11-14, 2008.
Help from EDEN was one of four videos in the USDA CSREES Partners Episode 16 collection, Protecting the Homeland. This video documented extension agents and others using EDEN, a powerful disaster database, to help farmers and others impacted by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. (4:30).
EDEN's USDA Honor and Partership Awards
2009 - USDA Partnership Team Award for Efficient Use of Resources
For the collaboration of land-grant university professionals that provide exemplary resources through Cooperative Extension to reduce the impact of disasters through education.
The award indicated that in a most efficient and effective manner, EDEN:
- Continues to provide opportunities, such as regional conferences, that encourage multi-agency coordination and an understanding of Extension’s role in a disaster.
- Continues to provide curriculum/training events.
- Promotes discussion among EDEN members via various media (i.e. Webinars and teleconferences).
- Provides guidance in the development of competencies for Extension professionals in disaster education.
- Is proactive in enhancing relationships between and among various agencies.
- Partners with other agencies to facilitate multi-agency jurisdictional training opportunities.
2003 - USDA Group Honor Award for Excellence
For providing a university-based database and network for Extension Service professionals as they prepare for and respond to disasters in their communities.